Wednesday, May 5, 2010

American Idol's Top 5 ninth-season finalists take the stage, perform

This week's mentor was Harry Connick, Jr., who helped the finalists interpret Frank Sinatra songs. However unlike previous mentors, Connick was also responsible for composing the arrangements of the songs the finalists sang and accompanied them on-stage with his big-band orchestra as they performed.
"I expressed interest in writing the arrangements and orchestrations for the contestants because I thought it would really be cool to have something in connection with these guys," he explained. "What I'm trying to do is feature the contestants by writing a supportive arrangement."
"American Idol is keeping me pretty busy right now to be honest with you. I mean I should be out laying by the pool -- you think Shania Twain was up in here doing this?" he joked, referencing last week's Idol mentor.
"I'll be playing for them. That's what I'm really excited about, is to play behind the contestants."
The following is Reality TV World's recap of the performance broadcast in the order which the Top 5 finalists sang. Also included are comments from each of the four judges -- Randy Jackson, Ellen DeGeneres, Kara DioGuardi and Simon Cowell -- as well as any noteworthy additional information about each finalist's performance or comments to Idol host Ryan Seacrest.
On Wednesday night, one finalist will be eliminated based on home viewer votes cast immediately following last night's broadcast, resulting in the season's Top 4 finalists.
Aaron Kelly, a 16-year-old from Sonestown, PASong: "Fly Me To The Moon"
Randy said: "One of the things I was looking for tonight -- I know my co-judges are looking for this too -- is who is in this to win it. It's getting down to the wire, who's got the fire, who's going to bring it hard. Sinatra Week -- I mean [it's] one of the best singers in the world, ever, [and] you got the great Harry Connick. I got to tell you dude, I was so worried more probably about you, because you're so young, [but] dude, you did a really good job. Nice work Aaron."
Ellen said: "I know, I know. I thought the piano kind of was a little pitchy. I was worried also for you and I can not believe -- I did not hear any country in that at all, I felt like you really pulled that off. That was beautiful vocals. Beautiful."
Kara said: "Aaron, I thought it was good. I did. I think compared to last week though, it wasn't as strong. And last week you really came into your own. I think you'll be here again, and what I want to say to you is what I want you to learn a little bit more is a little bit more charisma. Fill up the stage more. You know Frank Sinatra was just about as tall as you but he filled everything up, and he commanded it. And you still need to get there, you still need to break out as a performer because you're so close. This isn't a negative, this is constructive criticism, okay honey?"
Simon said: "I'm more with Kara on this one because... I adore Frank because Frank was the king of cool. He had a swagger, he had a believability. And if he was a lion, you were just a mouse. It didn't have the conviction for me and I thought the vocals toward the end were a bit corny. But the one thing about you, which is a good thing, is that people like you after you perform. Because you do try hard and I'm going to give you that."And forever has no end
Life is a pure flame
Stray birds of summer come to my window
vagrant of the world
myhomework
http://www.affiliate-talk.com
http://forum.bible.org
http://www.layeredpanel.org
http://www.yorumkat.com
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment